Well it’s time for another SUO challenge and this time our theme is ‘Cute Critters’. This was another one of those where I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it.
I was looking for a ‘cute critter’ to use on my card and remembered I had those ‘cute’ zoo babies so that made the decision easy for me. After playing around with a couple of them, I finally decided to go simple (I know..SHOCKER!!!) and this is what I ended up with. I think it turned out so fun!
Here’s the details.
- Mint Macaron – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- It’s My Party dsp (Melon Mambo diagonal stripe) – 3/4 x 5 1/2, add to card base
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 5 1/2, stamp splotch in Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Mint Macaron, stamp greeting using Melon Mambo
- Stamp elephant twice in Basic Grey Archival, cut ear out of second one and add to elephant. Add elephant using dimensionals. Add White Candy Dot for elephant eye.
- Add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Crushed Curry – 1/8 x 5 1/2, add to Whisper White panel
- Add It’s My Party Enamel Dots to finish it off
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see their wonderful creations!
||Zoo Babies, Gorgeous Grunge, Greatest Greetings
||Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry, It’s My Party dsp
||Basic Grey Archival, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron
||It’s My Party Enamel Dots, Neutral Candy Dots, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
Happy Saturday everyone! I can’t believe it…it’s been positively springlike around…especially that April Showers part!
It’s the end of Week 2 for Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions 2014 and on Saturdays the design team makes a little favor/3D to go along with the card set they did for the subscribers. This past week I used Zoo Babies….I set I’ve had for awhile but only PUT IT TOGETHER and USED IT for the FIRST TIME when I made my card set. (And I got the set right after the new catalog came out last year!) But it truly has been put to good use this week between my card set for Card “Create”tions, a couple other cards and now my little favor. For my card set I paired the Zoo Babies set with the A Dozen Thoughts set then with the I Am Me dsp so I used all those things for my little favor too!
Here’s the details…
- Basic Grey Chevron dsp (from I Am Me dsp) – 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. Along the 8 1/2 side score at 3 5/8 and 4 7/8. Along the 5 1/2 side score at 1 1/4 x 4 1/4. (See picture for all scoring/folding) Fold into treat holder.
- Calypso Coral – 1/2 x 6 3/4, wrap around top overlapping in the front.
- Add Calypso Coral Button to the belly band using White Baker’s twine then slip over top to hold favor together.
- Cut out Whisper White tag from Chalk Talk Framelits. Stamp hello in Calypso Coral (I did stamp off before stamping each of this color) and Smoky Slate.
- Stamp Elephant two times in Calypso Coral and Rhino two times in Basic Grey. Cut out full elephant of one and ear of other. Add with dimensional. Cut out full rhino of one and head of the other and add with dimensional. Add both to tag using dimensionals.
- Slip tag over button to add to favor and viola!!! You are done! Nice and easy!
Check out what the rest of the design team did with their favors!
We have just finished up Week 2 of Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions 2014. But it is NOT too late to join!
JOIN US for our NEW Card Create-tions Edition featuring stamp sets in the Main and Occasions catalogs!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 – April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card “Create”tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
||Zoo Babies, A Dozen Thoughts
||Whisper White, Calypso Coral, I Am Me dsp
||Basic Grey, Calypso Coral, Smoky Slate
||Chalk Talk Framelits, Subtles Buttons, White Baker’s Twine, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!