Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop where the FABULOUS designers pick a theme and we each off a project based on that theme. This week our theme is RESIST – either the resist technique or the Color Me Irresistible dsp!
Okay…before I share my cards I have to admit I completely and totally lost track of what day it was so at 10 pm on Friday evening I’m frantically making my card. I’ve been SOOOO busy with school I simply lost a day. But the good news is that I have finished up the computer work on TWO of my 5 classes I have to do (and I’m helping a friend with hers so that is 6). They take so much time and concentration that once I start one thing…I have to work it through until the end.
So here it was 10 pm last night and I realized I NEED A CARD – OH NO!!! Well I ended up making two because I just couldn’t figure out what to do! (Made toooo many decisions working on my courses – LOL!!!)
Okay…this turn out sort of fun! I cut the dsp into large chevrons, added the ink and created my card. Here’s the details
- Daffodil Delight – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, layer onto Basic Black 4 x 5 1/4 and add to card base.
- Color Me Irresistible – cut three chevrons – 3 1/2 wide – one is 1 1/4, one is 3/4 and the last is 3/8. Color thickest using Calypso Coral, middle with Daffodil Delight and thinnest with Bermuda Bay. Add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp balloon 3 times using Memento Black on Whisper White and then the banner on Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay, cut out, layer and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Color some Perfect White accents using black sharpie and add to card front to finish off.
So…then I wasn’t sure if I liked that so I made a second card…
When making a card I don’t like using a lot of different sets on it (an this uses three) but it is a fun card too. Here’s the details…
- Pumpkin Pie – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Color Me Irresistible – 1 1/2 x 5 1/2, stamp larger splatter in Pumpkin Pie, smaller one in Real Red and very small splatter in Memento Black. Add to card front.
- Pumpkin Pie – 3 1/4 5 1/2, stamp greeting using Memento Black, add strip of Basic Black 1/2 x 5 1/2 behind it and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp dragonfly on Whisper White in Real Red and Memento Black, cut out and add to card front.
- Add Perfect White Accents.
So…that’s my two cards
||Sweet Stack, Awesomely Artistic, Gorgeous Grunge, Happy Birthday Everyone
||Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Color Me Irresistible dsp
||Memento Black, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie
||Perfect White Accents, Dimensionals
They are just sooo ‘irresistible! We’ve change the way to get from one blog to the next to use the buttons below to go either backward (previous) to the Create site or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Welcome everyone to the NEW look for Create with Connie and Mary! With our NEW look comes our NEW Mini-Sessions and another GREAT Saturday Hop! This week our theme is ‘Metallica’ – using the gold or silver foil materials.
Okay…you might say I went a little ‘overboard’ on this challenge! As I sat down to think about what to make, my first thought was the fun gold vellum and making a little favor. it just sort kept growing after that! Here’s what I did…
How fun (and easy) this is! Here’s the detail…
- Gold Foil Vellum dotted – 10 x 6. Use the Gift Bag Punch board and make as per directions – it’s pretty easy. Put the bag together.
- Tie the bag closed using Gold 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon.
- Gold Foil – 1 x 3 1/2, cut into a banner
- Whisper White – 7/8 x 3 1/4, stamp greeting (Sprinkles on Top) using Versamark, gold emboss, cut into a banner.
- Layer the two banners together and add to bag front.
- Stamp the balloon from Sweet Stack on Whisper White using Veramark, gold emboss, cut out and add to card front using dimensionals.
||Sprinkles on Top, Sweet Stack
||Whisper White, Gold Foil, Gold Foil Vellum
||Gift Bag Punch Board, Gold 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder, Dimensionals
What a fun a little favor and yep…I think I met the challenge of Metallica! We’ve change the way to get from one blog to the next to use the buttons below to go either backward (previous) to the Create site or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
It’s a celebration! What is the celebration you ask? Well we have a NEW LOOK at Create with Connie and Mary AND we are offering a new Mini Session!
What’s the Mini Session all about?
- A mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials:
- Each mini session includes THREE card sets, each with 4 cards
- Each mini session includes TWO 3D items perfect for your club or stamp camp
- All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
- AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used!
And there’s more…
- Mini session goes live on July 26th
- Cost is $8.95
- Sets used for this collection
- Made with Love
- Cottage Greetings
- Over the Rainbow
- Awesomely Artistic
- Garden in Bloom
So join our CELEBRATION and sign up for the NEW Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session!
Oh…and about the cake…I decided to make up the Sweet Stack Project Kit for a display at the recent Create with Connie and Mary LIVE! I thought I’d share it with you and since it was for our ‘Create’ event…I made the banner to say ‘Create’. I have to say…this took a little time but really went together very easily! It would be perfect for so many occasions! Here’s a little more of a close-up look…
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!