Happy Monday everyone! Since it is the first Monday of the month, it is time for another Tehcnostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.
Mary Jo has a fun sketch for you and I decided to ‘change it up’ a little bit for my card today. For the month of May I’m trying to use things that are retiring and/or Occasions Mini item. I pretty much got it all in there on my card! I just LOVE this tulip image…it is sooo pretty!
Here’s the details…
- Pool Party – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 5/8 x 4 7/8, add strips of Pistachio Pudding (Incolor dsp paper stack) 5/8 x 3 5/8 to the panel.
- Layer onto Basic Black 3 3/4 x 5, wrap pieces of Bermuca Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon then add panel to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp Tulip image using Memento Black on Whisper White. Color in using Bermuda Bay and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities (I soooo wish we still had these!), cut out image and add using dimensionals.
- Stamp image from A Round Array using Memento Black on Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding, punch out using 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch and 1/2″ Circle Punch, add to card front using dimensionals.
- Add Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
What a fun sketch for us this time…I hope you can join the fun! Don’t forget to check out the other members of the team and remember go to the Technostamper blog to play along!
Mary Jo Price-Williams – Technostamper
Sue Root – Stampin’ with Sue
Nicole Tegrul – Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula – Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre – Eileen’s “Stampin’ Fever” Blog
Tanya Bell – Stamping T!
Carolyn Bennett – Carolyn’s Paper Fantasies
Jonia Smith – Stampin For Me
||Love is Kindness, A Round Array
||Whisper White, Basic Black, Pool Party, Pistachio Pudding, In color dsp Paper Stack
||Memento Black, Blendabilities: Bermuda Bay, Wild Wasabi
||Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle PUnch, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
It’s another Thursday so time for another fun challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!
This week we have a fun sketch challenge for it. It’s a fun sketch and you can use any shape (where I have the three circles) but I decided to stick with the circles and make a happy Spring card!
Here’ the details –
- Hello Honey – 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 folded
- Striped print (Painted Blossoms dsp) – 3 7/8 x 3 7/8, layer onto Wild Wasabi 4 x 4, add piece of Wild Wasabi Seam Binding on a diagonal and to card front.
- Cut 1 3/4 circle from Hello Honey, run through Spring Flowers Embossing Folder and add to card front.
- Cut 2″ circle from Wild Wasabi, run through Decorative Dots and dd to card front.
- Stamp image on Whisper White using Memento Black, color using Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities, punch out using 2 1/2″ circle punch and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting using Memento Black on Pistachio Pudding 1/2 x 2, cut into a banner and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
And don’t forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary to check out what the design team did with this delightful challenge!
||Love is Kindness, And Many More
||Whisper White, Hello Honey, Wild Wasabi, Pistachio Pudding, Painted Blooms dsp
||Memento Black, Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi
||Spring Flowers Embossing Folder, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, 2″ Circle Punch, 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, Wild Wasabi Seam Binding, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
Welcome everyone to the December Control Freak Blog Hop! But…even though Christmas is ‘right around the corner’ the Freaks are all busy creating with NEW STUFF!!! If any group LOVES NEW STUFF…it’s this one let me tell you! If you are going forward through the hop you have arrived here from Deb Currier’s Artfelt Impressions Blog. I absolutely LOVE her style…so clean!
As for so much new stuff…what’s a gal to do? Well I decided to focus in on really two main things… the “Love is Kindness” single stamp (oh…and I did cut the words from the stamp and made myself 2 stamps from this) and the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies. Oh…I also used the new Pink Pirouette and Wild Wasabi Blendabilities!
So…one to my projects…
First let’s do a card. Now this is not a ‘normal’ size but as you’ll see in a minute…there’s a reason for that! The Pink Pirouette card base is 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded (finished size 3 1/2 x 4 1/4). Ran the top through the Large Dotted Embossing Folder. I added a the Wild Wasbi banner (cut with thinlit in Mini Treat Bag Thinlits), added to front, add 1/4 x 3 1/2 strip of Typeset dap. The tulips are stamped in Memento Black on 1 7/8 x 3 1/2 piece of Very Vanilla, colored with Blendabilities and added to card front. The enjoy was cut from piece in Mini Treat Bag Thinlits from BOTH Basic Black and Strawberry Slush, layered and added. Finally little bow (some thinlits) from Pink Pirouette with Large Basic Rhinestone in center.
So…why the odd sized card you ask? That is so easy…it fits PERFECTLY into the Mini Treat Bag! I made the bag out of the Typeset dsp. I scored the bag at 4 3/8 and added the card. Stamped the tulips on Very Vanilla, punched out with Note Tag punch, layer on another Wild Wasabi banner, tied a piece of Strawberry Slush Twine around clothespin and add to bag. For You is in Strawberry Slush from the Treat Bag thinlits.
I always like to do a little ‘3D’ for the hop and this time I used one of the little Kraft Grid Journals (from the main catalog) that I bought when that catalog came out. I used the large polka dotted embossing folder. I did the banner in Pink Pirouette, then added a 1/4″ Basic Black strip. I stamped the tulip image again in Memento Black on Very Vanilla, colored with Blendabilities, cut out and added to the front of the journal. I cut the ‘for you’ from both Basic Black and Strawberry Slush, layered and added to journal front. It needed just a ‘little something’ so I add some small Basic Rhinestones.
Now this little journal is cut but it needed to be in some special packaging. Back to the Mini Treat Bag Framelit…
I made the Treat Bag as per directions from the Typeset dsp. I Tied some Strawberry Slush twine around it (HINT: MUCH easier to do with the journal IN the bag) and then added a tag just like I did for the card ‘envelope’. I just wanted quick and easy for this and was so surprised that it was the perfect size! So…here’s my two projects together…
Okay…I’m done! Now it is time to head on over to Dawn Olchefske’s Do Stamping blog. She always has THE MOST WONDERFUL ideas!
||Love is Kindness
||Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Typeset dsp
||Memento Black, Blendabilities: Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi
||Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, Large Polka Dotted Embossing Folder, Note Tag Punch, Strawberry Slush Twine, Clothespin, Basic Rhinestones
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!