Happy Thursday everyone! Yep…it’s Thursday so that means it’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. This week…a super cool color challenge: Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black. Oh my how classy is that!
With these colors I just wanted to do something ‘clean and simple’ and knew I wanted to use these fun ‘sparkles’ from the ‘Jolly Christmas’ set. I just LOVE these little images…SO COOL!
Here’s the details…
- Whisper White THICK – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
- Stamp the large ‘sparkle’ using Real Red and Smoky Slate and the small ‘sparkle’ in Basic Black. Add to card front using dimensionals.
- Cut out merry three times from Basic Black, layer and add to card front.
- Add some medium Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
What I like about this card is that this can be be just as good for a birthday or any kind of celebration card!
And it is time to celebrate because…
It’s time to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary November Mini Session!
Here’s a glimpse of the fun projects we are doing this month, including 3 card sets and two 3D projects and another bonus card set!
Sets we are using this month include:
- Snow Place
- Embellished Ornaments
- Reason for the Season
- Winter Wishes
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- BONUS: Christmas Cuties
PLUS…we have a WINTER BONUS for you! Purchase both the November and December Mini Sessions and get a special winter project designed by Mary Brown for FREE! Check out the details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team!
||Whisper White THICK, Whisper White, Basic Black
||Real Red, Smoky Slate, Basic Black
||Christmas Greetings Thinlits, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
Oh my word…I just LOVE this little set! Okay… really LOVE this little reindeer!
I wanted to play around some with this set and thought how cute it would be to make the reindeer into “Rudolph” and I pretty much wanted to keep it pretty simple overall. I have to say I like hte way it turned out!
I think just the simple embossed reindeer and the greeting is perfect!
Here’s the details…
- Kraft – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Real Red – 3 5/8 x 4 7/8, add to card front
- Kraft – 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, run through the Softly Falling embossing folder, add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp reindeer using Versamark on Kraft, white emboss, cut out and add using dimensionals.
- Real Red – 1/2 x 2 1/8, stamp greeting using Versamark, white emboss, cut one end into a banner and add to card front using dimesnionals.
- Use White Gel Pen to add some ‘snow’ dots.
- Add a Winter Wonderland Embellishment to banner to finish off.
Now I have to tell you…I had SOOOO much fun making this that I wanted to make some more using this cool set. So I started looking around and the Create with Connie and Mary September Mini Session just opened.
As I was looking the great projects (3 cards sets and 2 3D projects) I was looking at the card set Deb Currier made using the Haunt Ya Later set. I thought…wow..those cards would work really get with the Jolly Christmas set. So I decided it would be fun to remake 2 of her cards using my set (so taking a Halloween set and making it Christmas!)
Now unfortunately I can’t show you the full cards I made…only our subscribers get to see those (and the full tutorial for making them). But I did think it would be fun to show you the snippets of them! All I can say REALLY CUTE!!!
And do you know what? NOW is a GREAT time to subscribe! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary and subscribe today. Here is what you’ll get…
Each mini session contain 3 cards sets, 2 3D items and a bonus card set! 6 GREAT ideas for ONLY $8.95! You really can’t beat that!
With our September mini session we are featuring sets from the Holiday mini…
- Sweet Hauntings
- Cheer All Year
- Howl-o-ween Treats
- Haunt Ya Later
- Lighthearted Leaves
- BONUS: Acorny Thank You
- AND a bonus project from Connie remaking Debbie Henderson’s ADORABLE Halloween Table Top Decor into an ADORABLE Snow Place Table to Decor
- AND my two Jolly Christmas Cards
The session opened September 13th!
||Kraft, Real Red
||Softly Falling Embossing Folder, White Embossing Powder, White Gel Pen, Bright Candy Dots, Winter Wonderland Embellishment, Dimensionals
Now don’t forget…head over to Create with Connie and Mary to check us out and SUBSCRIBE TODAY!