Welcome to the beginning of the Christmas inspiration of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Saturday Blog Hop. For quite a few weeks coming up, each Saturday the design team is going to have a different Christmas theme inspiration! Our first challenge – make a red and white Christmas card!
As with most things I make…there is a bit of a story behind this one. It started as Among the Branches and a card I made for a card class. It was okay but I decided to add some silver (and I REALLY like it) but then I figured adding silver was not what the challenge called for. So I started making a card with Reason for the Season…again started red and white, decided it needed silver (did this for a group I stamp with) liked it MUCH better but again…DANG…I added silver! (Don’t worry…I’ll show these other cards too!) Well I just HAD to have Jingle All the Way and the Sleigh Ride edgelits AS SOON as they came out. Guess what? This is the FIRST TIME I used them…GEEZ!!! So that’s my story (and I’m sticking to it) but I did FINALLY manage a ‘red and white’ card! (and no where did it say only ONE shade of red so…I’m GOOD!)
Here’s the details…
- Whisper White Thick – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Real Red dsp Paper Stack – diagonal striped print – cut two 1/2 x 4 1/4, add to card base.
- Real Red – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, cut out center using Lots of Labels framelit then run through the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Add to card base using dimensionals.
- Whisper White – Cut out smaller Lots of Label framelit.
- Cut out Cherry Cobbler Houses Edgelit piece and Real Red Sleigh Ride Edglit piece. Layer together and fun through same framelit as the Whisper White piece. Add Cherry Cobbler piece directly on the label. Stamp ‘merry’ using Versamark on the sleigh one, white emboss then add to label with dimensionals. Add label inside frame using dimensionals.
- Tie Bow in Cherry Cobbler Thick Twine, add to top of label.
So…overall pretty simple card. I did REALLY like playing with the edgelits…what FUN! AND…my card is red and white!
|Set(s):||Jingle All the Way|
|Paper:||Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler|
|Other:||Lots of Labels, Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Cherry Cobbler Thick Twine, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals|
Remember to use the badges below to go backward (previous) to the always wonderful ideas Connie Babbert or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!