Oh it’s time for another SUO challenge and this time it is Get Well cards!
As I was going through what I had in the way of Get Well greetings, I didn’t have much from which to pick but found this good one (hiding on the bottom of another one!). Then I was looking at the Lighthearted Leaves set (sitting on top of my desk) and I noticed THIS stamp looked like trees too so I just HAD to make them into it. (Check out this post for a different leaf used as a tree.)
So anyway…here’s the details…
- Whisper White THICK – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, use Old Olive Marker to make ‘swishes’ for the ground under the trees, add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp the leaf/tree on Whisper White using Basic Black Archival, color using Old Olive, Delightful Dijon and Rich Razzleberry markers, cut out, add one directly onto card front then the other using dimensionals.
- Mask out part of the stamp, ink using Basic Black Archival ink, stamp on Delightful Dijon 1/2 x 2 1/2, cut into banner on both ends and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Add some Rich Razzleberry Candy Dots to finish it off.
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see their wonderful creations!
||Lighthearted Leaves, Fabulous Four
||Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Delightful Dijon
||Basic Black Archival, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Delightful Dijon
||Leaflet Framelits, Brights Candy Dots, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
THANKS! Okay…well there is a bit of a story behind this card…sort of a long story so just hang in there with me. Have you ever bought something you just HAD to HAVE then well…it just sat there? Yep…that was me and the Striped Scallop Thinlit. Okay…maybe I did use it once before. Anyway, I needed to make a thank you card for a person I work with. She is the back end administrator for our learning management system and without her things would be a royal MESS!!! Not many people at my college know who she is or what an important job she has. I do! She has pulled me out of more than one mess and I am one of the fortunate people who can call her directly instead of ‘going through the chain of command’. It’s been an interesting summer and at least 5 messes she has gotten me out of with our new system. So I want to send her a thank you card.
So I sit down to stamp and NO IDEA what I want to do but I found this sketch from CASE this Sketch and then this FABULOUS color combo from colourq and I just KNEW I could combine them into something COOL for Kathy! Anyway, I’m staring at the sketch trying to figure out how to create the background and the Striped Scallop Thinlit pops into my mind and all I can say is after that…the card sort of just made itself! LOL…don’t you LOVE when that happens? I do!
Here’s the details…
- Whisper White THICK cardstock – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Whisper White THICK cardstock – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, cut out with the Striped Scallop thinlet. I played with this piece until I figured out what part I wanted to use because I knew I was going to cut some of it off. Once I did figure this out, I cut off the excess and attached it to my card front.
- To make the scallops, just use the Striped Scallop Thinlet again in each of the colors. Instead of the whole sheet you can run through side by side half sheets because the most I used for a color was 8. Add scallops in Calypso Coral, So Saffron (had to substitute this for Apricot Appeal), and Delightful Dijon (a sub for More Mustard).
- Whisper White – 1 1/4 x 3 3/4. Stamp greeting in Night of Navy, cut end using the Lots of Labels Framelit, punch 1/8 hole in end, and add Calypso Coral Thick Baker’s Twine. Fray the edges.
- Add tag to card front using dimensionals and there you have it! A wonderful thank you card for a special person who has helped me out of MANY jams I managed to get myself in! (I just KNOW she CRINGES when she sees my name come up in an email – she KNOWS I have broken the system…AGAIN!)
If you are looking for some great ideas for products from the NEW Stampin’ Up! catalog then the Create with Connie and Mary July 15 mini session is for you!
A mini session includes the tutorials for FIVE projects with full step-by-step tutorials for THREE card sets and TWO 3D items.
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used! Here’s what we did for July!
All this for only $8.95! Projects will be available July 26th and you will get ALL 5 ideas right away…no waiting! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
||Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Delightful Dijon, So Saffron
||Night of Navy
||Striped Scallop Thinlet, 1/8″ Hole Punch, Calypso Coral Thick Twine, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
WOW…we have SOOOO many things going on This Saturday! We hope are are ready for a real TREAT! First we have a our regular design team hop for you! But instead of a SAB set (sniff, sniff…SAB is OVER) EACH design team member (except Connie) is sharing a card using ONE of the sets they are using for Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions Celebrations! So you get a little ‘sneak peak’ of some of the sets we are using. This is also the LAST day of Preview Week and that is why Connie’s is different…she is sharing a card set AND FREE TUTORIAL (along with some BLOG CANDY!!). See this Saturday is a real TREAT for you! So if you are going forward through the hop…you arrived here from the Create with Connie and Mary site! Hope you left a comment for Connie AND downloaded the free tutorial from our public site.
And now for my sneak peak and card…
So my sneak peak set is What’s Your Type! I jut LOVE this set and there are so many fun way to use it and this one is just so quick and easy…my favorite kind! Here’s the details for today’s card…
- Whisper White – 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 folded
- Whisper White – 6 x 2 3/4
- Stamp larger solid triangle using Coastal Cabana, other solid triangle using Real Red, slanty lines and greeting using Memento Black.
- Add to card front using dimensionals
- Add Black Candy Dots to finish it off.
JOIN US for our NEW
Card Create-tions Celebrations
featuring stamp sets in the Annual, Occasions and Online Catalogs,,,it starts TOMORROW!!!!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs April 5 – 25
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access for up to a YEAR!
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
||What’s Your Type, Fabulous Four
||Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Memento Black
||Neutral Candy Dots, Dimensionals
Now it’s time to head over to Melissa Davis Rubberfunatics Blog. She has such GREAT ideas!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!