LAST Monday of July…AND…I leave for SimGhosts tomorrow…WOO HOO!!! But in the meantime ONE MORE inspiration challenge for this month.
So here’s our inspiration picture…
Now initially I was going to go with our absolutely DELIGHTFUL Dandelion set but when I looked at Connie’s card that is what she used so I decided to let the photo inspire me in a totally different direction. I decided the Follow Your Dreams set and matching framelits give a similar feel as the dandelions in the piece. Originally I was just going to use greys, black, brown…like the piece but decided it needed a pop of color. Then it sort of just got away from me BUT…I really like how it turned out! Here it is…
Here’s the details…
- Grey Granite – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Twinkle, Twinkle dsp – 3 3/4 x 5, layer onto Grapefruit Grove – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, wrap Black 1/8″ cord around panel and add to card front using dimensionals
- Grey Granite – 2 1/2 x 4 1/2, stamp image in Versamark and white emboss, cut into a banner, sponge edges using Grey Granite and add to card front using dimensionals
- Basic Black – cut out image, add to card front
- Whisper White and Vellum – cut out feather, add to card both to card front
- Whisper White – stamp little feathers in Memento Black, cut out, add to card front
- Grapefruit Grove – cut out “dream”, add to card front
- Nature’s Root Twine – Grapefruit Grove – tie small bow, add to card front
So…LOVE the way this turned out. Honestly it was truly ‘inspired’ by the photo…but too a different route getting there!
Don’t forget we got an AWESOME collection for you…Love You to Pieces! FOUR unique cards and not one but TWO 3D items! You don’t want to miss this one!
Get all the details HERE!
Don’t forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary to see Connie’s GREAT project!
|Set(s):||Follow Your Dreams|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Grey Granite, Grapefruit Grove, Vellum, Twinkle Twinkle dsp|
|Ink:||Memento Black, Grey Granite, Versamark|
|Other:||Chase Your Dreams Thinlets, Black 1/8″ Cord, White Embossing Powder, Nature’s Root Twine, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!