Happy MONDAY!!! I just LOVE our inspiration challenge. You just never know how something will inspire you! One of my favorite kinds of inspiration is decorated cakes. There are just so many different ways you can be inspired by then.
So here’s our inspiration picture…
I love the overall simplicity of this cake design. The soft grey is a perfect background for the darker grey, white and yellow. My card is actually a little lighter in real life then it shows up in the picture. For some reason, my Smoky Slate cards always seem to photograph darker even with color adjustments. Here’s my card…
I kept my card nice and clean overall to go with the overall cake design. I LOVE the new Serene Garden set and know I was going to use it for my flowers/leaves.
Here’s the details…
- Smoky Slate – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folder
- Smoky Slate -3 5/8 x 4 7/8, add to card front using dimensionals
- Whisper White – 1/8 x 4 5/8, cut one end on a slant and add to card front
- So Saffron – cut out scallop circle, add to card front
- Whisper White – cut out regular circle, add to card front
- Basic Grey – 1/2 x 2 1/4, stamp greeting using Versamark and white emboss, cut into banner
- Basic Grey – stamp leaf/flower image in Memento Black two times, hand cut out; stamp flower in Memento Black – hand cut out or use matching framelit; layer together, add banner behind the flowers and add to card front using dimensionals
- Add some Artisan Pearls to finish off.
Oh so soft and pretty!
We released a new collection…Varied Vase! Oh what fun!
Get all the details HERE!
Don’t forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary to see Connie’s GREAT project!
|Set(s):||Serene Garden, Wood Words|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, So Saffron|
|Other:||Layering Circles Framelits, Garden Scene Thinlets, Artisan Pearls, White Embossing Folder, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!