Happy MONDAY!!! I just LOVE our inspiration challenge. You just never know how something will inspire you!
So here’s our inspiration picture…
I LOVE the soft look of this! Okay…so before I show you my card…funny story. Before I start working on a card for a challenge, I will often look to see if Connie has hers done and loaded into the post. Sometimes we are just so on the same wavelength. This was one of those times. I checked to see if she had hers done and it was a good thing I did before I had gotten started or we pretty much would have had the SAME CARD! Since I saw her card…I just let this inspiration photo take me in a different direction…
So I was inspired by the words on the background and the Vanilla flower. I then added the little black dragonfly for the butterfly element. And isn’t Grapefruit Grove just absolutely YUMMY?
Here’s the details…
- Grapefruit Grove – 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, folded
- Share What You Love dsp – 3 3/4 x 5, layer onto Very Vanilla 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, add to card front
- Basic Black – 1/4 x 4 1/8, add to card front
- Very Vanilla – punch out two daisies, layer, add to card front
- Grapefruit Grove – punch out 3/4 circle, add to center of daisy using dimensionals; then a piece 1/2 x 2 1/8, stamp greeting using Memento Black, add to card front using dimensionals
- Basic Black – cut out little dragonfly, add to center of flower to finish off
Even thought this was my second ‘inspiration’ with this piece I have to say…LOVE IT!
Connie and I have released an AWESOME new collection – Rooted in Nature
Get all the details HERE!
Don’t forget to head over to Create with Connie and Mary to see Connie’s GREAT project!
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Grapefruit Grove, Share What You Love dsp|
|Other:||Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets, Daisy Punch, 3/4″ Circle Punch, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!