Happy June everyone and welcome to another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! So this week we are doing abstract background techniques. Now…it’s not that I can’t do these but I decided what I don’t like about a lot of these is that they are MESSY! I DON’T DO MESSY!!! LOL!!! After MANY attempts at different things I did FINALLY come up with one I liked! Okay…that I REALLY LOVE!
Isn’t this pretty! I used pretty much the Polished Stone technique – glossy paper, reinkers, alcohol and cotton balls Here’s the details…
- Blueberry Bushel – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Glossy White – 3 3/4 x 5, start with Lemon Lime Twist (cotton ball and alcohol), Next Call Me Clover (cotton ball and alcohol) and then Blueberry Bushel (cotton ball and alcohol); once dry (it dries VERY quickly) randomly stamp the three leaf image from Rooted in Nature using Versamark and silver emboss
- Silver Glimmer – 1/4 x 5, add to panel
- Whisper White – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, add behind panel then add to card front
- Whisper White – 1 1/4 x 3 – stamp greeting in Basic Black and Blueberry Bushel, cut into banner
- Whisper White – stamp leaves/stem in Lemon Lime Twist 3 times and solid single leaf in Call Me Clover 3 times, cut them all out and layer behind banner.
- Blueberry Bushel 1/8 Grosgrain Ribbon – loop behind tag/leaves element and then add to card front using dimensionals.
And speaking of Rooted in Nature…check out our NEW COLLECTION – Rooted in Nature!
Get all the details HERE!
|Set(s):||Rooted in Nature|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Blueberry Bushel, Glossy White, Silver Glimmer|
|Ink:||Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Versamark|
|Other:||Nature’s Root Framelits, Silver Embossing Powder, Blueberry Bushel 1/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals|
Click Previous to go back to Create with Connie and Mary Site to learn more about the sale and forward to the Libby!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!