Oh…what a fun theme we have for the SUO Challenge this time! For those of you who know me you know I just LOVE dragonflies – hmmm…do you think the banner here on my blog gives that away? LOL!!! I do LOVE dragonflies so when I saw the theme was butterflies or dragonflies, I of course KNEW which I was going to use!
Two Saturdays ago the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Saturday Blog Hop featured reinker techniques. I forgot how much I enjoy doing the smoosh ink technique and since I still had that idea in mind, I decided to use it again for my card today…well, along with my dragonfly!
Here’s the details…
- Pool Party – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – using the smoosh technique I used Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, and Emerald Envy reinkers, acetate and water to create the background. Once done, I trimmed the sheet down to 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, layered onto Emerald Envy 3 5/8 x 4 7/8 and add to card front.
- Emerald Envy – 5/8 x 3 5/8, add to card front
- Silver Glimmer – 1/8 x 4 1/4, add to card front
- Lemon Lime Twist – 5/8 x 3 1/2, stamp greeting using Emerald Envy, cut into banner on both ends and add using dimensionals
- Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer – cut out detailed smaller dragonfly
- Vellum – cut out solid dragonfly, layer behind Dazzling Diamonds Detailed dragonfly, add to cardfront using dimensionals
- Add some Perfect White Accents to finish off
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see their wonderful creations!
|Paper:||Whisper White, Pool Party, Emerald Envy, Lemon Lime Twist, Silver Glimmer, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer, Vellum|
|Ink:||Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, Emerald Envy|
|Other:||Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Perfect White Accents, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!