Hello everyone and welcome to the December Tour de Freaks Blog Hop! As demonstrators we just LOVE NEW STUFF and that is what this month’s hop is all about…NEW STUFF!!!! If you are going forward through the hop you arrived here from Amy Koenders Blog.
There are so many things in the occasions mini that I just LOVE and trying to pick something was difficult. My DH’s birthday was on the 16th and I needed to make him a card and decided to use that (since I used NEW STUFF) and add a little treat box.
Here’s the card (and my DH thought it was COOL…especially the new hexagon embossing folder)
This is really a pretty easy card. Here’s the details..
- Delightful Dijon – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Basic Black – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, add to card front
- Very Vanillia – 3 3/4 x 5, run through the Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder and add to card front (Look MUCH cooler in real life!)
- Dijon print – 1 3/4 x 4, add to card front
- Urban Underground Washi Tape – add two strips to card front
- Cut our larger stars from the Urban Underground Black/Silver dsp and Silver Folder, smaller star from the Vanilla/Black tiny dot and Delightful Dijon, layer and add to card front
- Very Vanilla – stamp banner in Memento Black and greeting in Delightful Dijon, cut out and add to card front using dimensionals
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Delightful Dijon, Urban Underground dsp, Silver Foil|
|Ink:||Memento Black, Delightful Dijon|
|Other:||Urban Dynamics Embossing Folder, Urban Underground Washi Tape, Stars Framelits, Dimensionals|
Then I decided to make a little treat box. This is the snap close treat box but I made mine smaller.
This is the front and the back so you can see what I did with it.
- Delightful Dijon – 3 3/4 x 5 1/2 (you can find videos online on how to make these), run through the Hexagon Dynamics Emboss Folder and put together, round corners on top
- Silver Glimmer – 1/2 x 2 1/2, add to top
- Add strip of the Vanilla/Black diagonal strip – 1/2 x 3
- Stamp Balloon and strings using Memento Black on Very Vanilla, color with Smoky Slate and Delightful Dijon markers, punch out out layer onto diagonal strip, add to box front using double dimensionals
- Basic Black – 3/8 x 2, stamp greeting using Versamark and silver emboss, cut into banner on both end an add to box.
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Delightful Dijon, Urban Underground dsp, Silver Glimmer|
|Other:||Urban Dynamics Embossing Folder, Urban Balloon Duo Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder, Dimensionals|
Here’s my two project together…
Next up on the hop is Heidi Baks…I always LOVE her stuff!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!