Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Saturday Blog Hop! With this being Easter weekend for us here, we thought we’d celebrate with “Hello Spring”.
As always there’s a story to go along with this! This actually started a couple weeks ago with the idea for doing it for a color challenge for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge. So I made the cup and the flowers and then these leaves and then realized…OOOPS…wrong color for the leaves. Next I realized the color I would have to use for the circle was not REALLY the color I wanted to use and well…it sort of just sat, you guessed it…ON THE TOP OF MY DESK. So I was trying to figure out what to do for our ‘hello spring’ thing and this was sitting on top of my desk…well, at least parts of it so I went with it. I do think it looks nice and ‘springy’!
Here’s the details…
- Mint Macaron – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Whisper White – 5 1/8 x 3 7/8
- Mint Macaron 5 x 3 3/4, run through the Decorative Dots embossing folder, layer on the white and add to card front
- Blushing Bride/white stripe – 4 1/4 x 1 3/4, add to card front
- Watermelon Wonder – 1/4 x 4 3/4, add to card front
- Blushing Bride – cut out 2 3/4″ circle (circle framelits) – add to card front using dimensionals
- Multi-color dotted paper – cut out cup, sponge using Crumb Cake, add using dimensionals
- Stamp leaf, image using Basic Black Archival, color with Mint Macaron Marker, cut out
- Stamp two smallest flower using Basic Black Archival, color with Watermelon Wonder Marker, pucnh out (do 3 sets) layer
- Add leaves and flowers to cup
- Stamp banner using Basic Black Archival on Mint Macaron, stamp greeting inside banner, cut out, add using dimensionals
- Add Basic Rhinestones to centers of flowers to finish off.
|Set(s):||Grateful Bunch, Crazy for You, Number of Years|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Birthday Bouquet dsp|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Watermelon Wonder|
|Other:||Cups and Kettles Framelits, Circle Framelits, Blossom Bunch Punch, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Remember to use the badges below to go backward (previous) to my friend Connie Babbert or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!