Well it’s time for ANOTHER Tour de Freaks blog hop and this month our theme is spring/Easter. I decided to have some fun with the spring theme! It is really beginning to feel like spring around here in Ohio.
If you are going forward through the hop, you arrived here from Melissa Stout – Stampin’ Doc blog…LOVE her stuff!
I decided for the spring theme to go with Chicks…I just LOVE this little guy for the Honeycomb Happiness SAB set!
Isn’t this little chick just DANG CUTE? Since I’m not much one for coloring, I decided to stamp him on some dsp and just cut him out…SOOOO much nicer (well…at least for me!)
Here’s the details…
- Crushed Curry – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Basic Black – 3 5/8 x 4 7/8
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, layer on Basic Black then to card front using dimensionals
- Soft Sky – punch 2 1/2″ Circle, add to card front
- Melon Mambo/white star print – It’s My Party dsp – 1/8 x 4, add to card front
- Mint Macaron Triangle Print – 1/2 x 2 3/4, add to card front
- Multi-color star print – 1 x 3 1/4, cut into banner, add to card front
- Stamp chick on Crushed Curry print using Basic Black Archival, cut out, color beak and feet using Tangelo Twist marker, add using dimensionals
- Basic Black – 3/8 x 1 1/4, stamp using Versamark, white emboss, cut into a banner, add using dimensionals
|Set(s):||Honeycomb Happiness (SAB)|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, It’s My Party dsp|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival, Versamark|
|Other:||2 1/2″ Circle Punch, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals|
Well..since I had a check on my card, I needed to make a chick for y 3D project…
Is he just THE CUTEST too? This is so quick and easy! Here’s the details…
- Daffodil Delight – cut out two of the Curvy Keepsake box pieces, sponge edges using Crushed Curry
- Festive Flower Builder Punch – cut out 2 of the ‘x’s from Tangelo Twist for the ‘feet’. Put between the two layers when putting the bottom together. Put the box together
- Tangelo Twist – cut out the ‘point’ from the medium star and add for beak.
- Eyes: Cut 2 Whisper White 1/2″ Circles, Punch 2 Basic Black 1/4″ Holes (layer), cut 2 Daffodil Delight 1/2″ Circles, trim off bottom of each, sponge using Crushed Curry. Layer together then add to box.
- Sponge Crushed Curry for the ‘cheeks’.
- Crushed Curry – Festive Glower Build Punch – smaller of the two petals – punch 2, fold top down on an angle, sponge using Crushed Curry, add to sides of the box
Now see…wasn’t that simple!
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic black, Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist|
|Other:||Curvy Keepsake Thinlits, Festive Flower Builder Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, 1/4″ Hole Punch, Medium Star Punch, Dimensionals|
Here’s the two togehter…
Thanks for stopping by! Now it’s time to head over to Dawn Olchefski’s DO Stamping with Dawn blog.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!