Do you ever make a card that when you are done making it, it just makes you smile? That is what happened with this card! Since it is Thursday it is time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and this week it is a fun sketch challenge.
When I first sat down to work on this, I had decided it would be GREAT for the cake image in the Party Wishes set. The only problem was that my set wasn’t going to be here for a couple of days and I wanted to get it done. Then I had this idea about a number and a star and it just sort worked itself out from there. And all I can say…is that I am so happy I didn’t wait for the cake!
Here’s the details…
- Melon Mambo – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Melon Mambo/Crushed Curry dotted print (It’s My Party dsp) – 3 3/4 x 5
- Crushed Curry – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, add the dotted print panel and add to card front using dimensionals
- Melon Mambo/white star print – 2 3/4 x 1, cut into flag, add to card front
- Crushed Curry diagonal strip print – 3/4 x 2 1/2, cut into a flay, add to card on a slant
- Basic Black – 1/4 x 3 7/8, add to card front
- Silver Glimmer – cut out star frame using star framelits
- Melon Mambo – cut out number of your choice
- Stamp greeting using Basic Black Archival on Whisper White, cut out or use framelit, layer the star, number and greeting together and add to card front using dimensionals!
Cool huh? Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team!
|Set(s):||Stake Your Claim|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, It’s My Party dsp, Silver Glimmer|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival|
|Other:||Large Number Thinlets, Star Framelits, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!