Welcome to the January Tour de Freaks! Do you feel the ‘love’ in the air? Yep…the Freaks are all about love this month. If you are going forward through the hop you arrived here from Dawn Olchefske’s DO Stamping with Dawn blog. LOVE her work!
There are soooo many options in the wonderful occasions mini!
I tend to be a clean and simple kind of gal and decided to go with clean and simple with my projects today!
Do you ever have an idea for a card and you just HAVE to make it? Well…yep…that was THIS card! Ever since I saw the awesome little steam heart in the Cups and Kettle framelits, I just HAD to do this! And that heart print in the Have a Cuppa dsp is PERFECT…and I mean absolutely PERFECT for Valentine’s Day!
Here’s the detail…
- Melon Mambo – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Heart Print – 3/4 by 5 1/2, add to card front
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 5 1/2, stamp greeting using Basic Grey Archival.
- Cut out steam heart from Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay, interlock them and add to card front.
- Add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Bermuda Bay print – 1/8 x 5 1/2, add to Whisper White panel
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to finish off
|Paper:||Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Have a Cuppa dsp|
|Other:||Cups and Kettle Framelits, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Okay…so not for a cute little treat to go with the card…
And here’s the details for this…
- Bermuda Bay – start with a piece 2 7/8 x 5 1/2, use the largest Lots of Labels framelet and cut out both end. Score at 2 3/4 then 3 then score again a little done from the end
- Heart print – 1 x 2 7/8, add to front and trim end, fold down top flap.
- Add Ghirardelli chocolate and tie piece of Silver 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon around it to hold the chocolate in place
- Punch out 1 1/4″ Silver Glimmer Scallop Circle and add 1″ Whisper White Circle, add Melon Mambo steam heart to the center and add to favor front using dimensionals
- Fold piece of Silver Satin Ribbon and staple to favor top.
- Stamp greeting using Basic Grey on Melon Mambo and cut using small Bitty Banner Framelit and add to top of favor
|Paper:||Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Have a Cuppa dsp, Silver glimmer|
|Other:||Cups and Kettle Framelits, Lots of Labels Framelit, Bitty Banner Framelit, Silver 1/8″ Taffetta Ribbon, Silver Sating Ribbon, 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, Dimensionals|
Here’s my two pieces together…
Fun and super simple!
Now it’s time to head on over to the wonderful Wendy Weixler and her Wickedly Wonderful Creations. You are in for a TREAT as always!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!