HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! Welcome to the first Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Saturday Blog Hop for 2016! We had a fun challenge for our design team where we challenged them to ‘trim down’ for the new year! The challenge was no more than 2 layers and 1 embellishment! Easy for some…difficult for others! For me…just up my alley!
I LOVE this set. When I see this plane image I think of my wonderful dad who LOVE to build and fly (okay…and frequently crash) motorized planes! It was his very favorite hobby and brought him so much happiness.
Now looking at my card I think you can easily see it is two layers but embellishment? Okay…I had a tough time figuring out an embellishment for this so my ’embellishment’ is that thin strip of diagonal black and white paper…PERFECT to add a little interest but still keep everything CAS!
Here’s the details…
- Real Red – 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 folded
- Whisper White – 3 7/8 x 4 1/4
- Punch out cloud image from Tree Builder punch – use as mask and sponge two clouds in Soft Sky
- Stamp large cloud image in Lost Lagoon, mask and stamp smaller cloud image in Smoky Slate
- Stamp plane in Basic Black Archival
- Stamp greeting in Real Red
- Add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Basic Black diagonal stripe print (Neutrals dsp paper pack) – 1/8 x 4 1/4, add to Whisper White panel to finish off.
We are getting ready for our JANUARY MINI SESSION with a projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! And check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below! Here are the details:
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the January session:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
But there’s more…
VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT: Purchase BOTH the January and February Mini Sessions together and get this BONUS VALENTINE project immediately using the Balloon Builder Punch and Bloomin’ Love Stamp Set, perfect gift for your hostesses or friends! You and your customers will LOVE making it!
|Set(s):||Sky is the Limit (SAB)|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Real Red, Neutrals dsp paper Pack|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival, Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon, Smoky Slate, Real Red|
Remember to use the badges below to go backward (previous) to the Create with Connie and Mary site to sign up for our next mini session or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!