WOW…Christmas is in THREE DAYS!!! AMAZING!!! But it is a Tuesday and it is time for another SUO challenge. Our theme this time is “Happy New Year!” … what a GREAT theme!
As always there’s a bit of a story with this one. I didn’t really have anything that said “HAPPY NEW YEARS” to me but in the new Occasions Mini there are TONS of balloons and balloon punches. PERFECT! Right? Yep…but I like to work ahead when I can. Things seem to have a habit of getting out of control around this time of year and with my sister’s health not always being that great, being ahead on other commitments are good in case I have to pack up and head to Pittsburgh. So..I had to come up with a ‘Plan B’. I was trolling around Pinterest and found a really cool card and thought THAT’S IT…CIRCLES! So this card looks NOTHING like the one that inspired me but that’s okay…I LOVE the classy black and silver look!
Here’s the details…
- Basic Black – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Basic Black – 3 3/4 x 5, stamp greeting using Versamark and silver emboss
- Black Glimmer paper – punch out FOUR 1 1/4″ circles, add to panel
- Silver Foil paper – punch out FIVE 1″ circles, add to panel
- Silver Glimmer Paper – cut out NINE 5/8″ circles (smallest circle framelit), add to panel, trim off overhang circles and then add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Add some of the large Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see their wonderful creations!
|Set(s):||And Many More|
|Paper:||Basic Black, Black Glimmer, Silver Glimmer, Silver Foil|
|Other:||Circle Framelits, 1″ Circle Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Silver Embossing Powder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!