Yep…time for another SUO challenge! We have a fun one this time to make a card (or gift) for a kid. I guess you can tell I well with the ‘card’ part of the theme – LOL!!!
Okay…now before I get to my card…I have a little rant. I REALLY like the Wonderland set but WHAT THE HECK do DEAD DEER ANTLERS have to do with ‘silent night’ and ‘all is calm, all is bright’? NOT FOR THE DEER! I really put off buying this set for not other reason than WHOEVER thought that ‘fit’ didn’t quite get it. But I DO LOVE the trees (and I’m a sucker for trees). Anyway I did see the DEAD DEER ANTLERS used to make an ADORABLE penguin Rudolph so…okay…why not. BUT REALLY…DEAD DEER ANTLERS and ‘all is calm, all is bright’? GEEZ!!!
Okay…rant over…here’s the details…
- Mossy Meadow – 3 1/4 x 11 folded, stamp snowflakes using Mossy Meadow
- Cherry Cobbler – 7/8 x 4 1/4, cut two and add to card front. These make the card a ‘standard’ sized card even though it ‘looks’ tall and skinny
- Whisper White – 3 1/2 x 3 1/2, stamp penguin using Basic Black Archival, stamp DEAD DEAR ANTLERS using Chocolate Chip, color feet using Hello Honey, add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Cut “jolly” out 3 times from Cherry Cobbler, layer and add using fine tip glue pen
- Stamp holly using Mossy Meadow and Cherry Cobbler (okay…had an extra one sitting on my desk!) add to jolly
- Add Cherry Cobbler Home for Christmas Enamel dot to make ‘Rudolph’s’ nose
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to snowflakes to finish it off.
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see their wonderful creations!
|Set(s):||Snow Place, Wonderland|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Cherry Cobbler|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival, Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey|
|Other:||Christmas Greeting Thinlets, Snow Friends Framelits, Home for Christmas Enamel dots, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!