Well…we have finished up the Christmas card challenges we had for the design team and now we are one to other fun Christmas ‘stuff’! This week the challenge for our team is to make a Christmas Favor or Treat!
On of my favorite ‘treats’ to give someone this time of year is hot coco (with a peppermint Ghirardelli chocolate square. Of course an added candy cane is good too! So I was trying to figure out something EASY to do (we just finished up our last week of school and next week is finals week…need EASY!!) and I noticed that these fun little bags look like they have snowballs on it so … yep … EASY! Oh and this EASILY holds 2 hot chocolate packets and 2 Ghirardelli peppermint squares.
Here’s the details…
- Add the hot chocolate and peppermint chocolate squares to the bag, fold over the top and punch 2 holes using the 1/2″ circle punch, slide peppermint stick through holes.
- Red Foil – 2 3/4 x 5, use largest Lots of Labels framelit to cut off end
- Holly Print – Season of Cheer dsp – 2 3/8 x 4 1/2, use second to largest Lots of Labels framelit to cut off end, lay on top of Red Foil label and add to bag by sliding under flap.
- Add large Gold Foil Doily using dimensionals
- Stamp penguin using Basic Black Archival, add bow tie in Mossy Meadow, stamp Santa hat and candy cane using Real Red, ink holly using Mossy Meadow and Real Red markers, cut all out using framelits, layer together and add using dimensionals
It would be sooooo easy to make up a bunch of these as quick last minute gifts to have on hand!
And did you know it is time to sign up for the Create with Connie and Mary December Mini Session (but remember…some of you subscribed LAST MONTH during our special!) Here’s a little teaser of the projects we are doing this month! (New photos on the Coming Soon projects when Mary and I get our orders, but we KNOW you’ll love them!)
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the December session, great for your upcoming January, Valentine and Occasions classes:
- Bloomin Love Bundle 3D Project
- Going Global Card Set
- Timeless Love Card Set
- Wonderland 3D Project
- No Bones About It Card Set
|Paper:||Whisper White, Season of Cheer dsp, Red Foil|
|Ink:||Basic Black Archival, Real Red, Mossy Meadow|
|Other:||Foil Doilies, Snow Friends Framelits, 1/2″ hold punch, Lots of Labels Framelits, Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bags, Dimensionals|
Remember to use the badges below to go backward (previous) to the Create with Connie and Mary site and check out the info of our WONDERFUL December Mini Session or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!