It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Thursday challenge. This week we have a super cool color challenge for you: Elegant Eggplant, Island Indigo and either Delightful Dijon or Gold.
This was one of those challenges that as soon as I saw the colors, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do! To me these colors are PERFECT Christmas colors and especially for making ornaments!
Here’s the details…
- Island Indigo – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 3/4 x 5 1/2, ink stamp using Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant markers and stamp onto cardstock.
- Elegant Eggplant diagonal stripe (Regal dsp Paper Pack) – 5/8 x 5 1/2, layer behind Whisper White.
- To make the ornaments – using the long Delicate Ornaments thinlet cut out TWO EACH – Gold Foil, Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant. I did two each of the Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant because I want the ornaments the same. If you want the reversed – you only need 1 of each.
- Cut out 2 of the solid LONG ornament – I did Whisper White – really doesn’t matter. COVER BOTH with adhesive.
- Add a Gold Foil ornament to each.
- DO NOT REMOVE THE LITTLE PIECES from the Island Indigo OR Elegant Eggplant until you are ready to use them – TRUST ME ON THIS!
- You are going to embed the colored pieces into the gold frames. Do one line at a time keeping them lined up. I used my piercing tool to pick up the pieces and put into the frame. Really went quickly once I figured out the best way to do it.
- Cut and ornament top in Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant, add to top of ornament.
- Add Gold Cording Trim to each ornament, securing behind the Whisper White panel. NOTE the one ornament is added using dimensionals the other is not. Add panel to card front using dimensionals.
- Tie some bows from the Gold Cording Trim and added to the ornaments to finish off.
Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team!
|Paper:||Whisper White, Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Regals dsp Paper Pack, Gold Foil|
|Ink:||Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant|
|Other:||Delicate Ornaments Thinlets, Gold Cording Trim, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!