Welcome to the beginning of the Christmas inspiration of the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Saturday Blog Hop. For quite a few weeks coming up, each Saturday the design team is going to have a different Christmas theme inspiration! Our second challenge – make a Christmas card using non-traditional colors!
So I’m thinking white, grey and black really aren’t traditional colors…right? Connie said it was okay…LOL!!! I love playing with Sleigh Ride edgelits and I think this turned out to be soooo elegant!
Here’s the details…
- Whisper White THICK – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 4 x 5 1/4, run through the Softly Falling Embossing folder, add to card front (I used the ‘back side’ up on this).
- Silver Glimmer – 2 3/4 x 4 1/4. NOTE…I cut out some of the Silver Glimmer that is behind where the framelits are. This made it easier to add the black panel.
- Basic Black – 2 1/2 x 3 7/8, punch along the top using the Star Border Punch, add to Silver Glimmer panel. Add to card front.
- Cut out the house edgelit from Basic Grey, tree edgelit from Smoky Slate, sleigh edgelit from Whisper White. Add each layer using dimensionals.
- Basic Black – 1/2 x 2, stamp greeting using Versamark, white emboss, cut into a banner and add to card front.
- Add Winter Wonderland Embellishment to finish off.
|Set(s):||Holly Jolly Greetings|
|Paper:||Whisper White Thick, Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Grey, Smoky Slate, Silver Glimmer|
|Other:||Sleigh Ride Edgelits, Softly Falling Embossing Folder, Winter Wonderland Embellishment, Star Border Punch, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals|
Remember to use the badges below to go backward (previous) to the always wonderful ideas Connie Babbert or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!