Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop where the FABULOUS designers pick a theme and we each off a project based on that theme. For the month of August we are going to be having fun with the new incolors. This week we are taking a look at CUCUMBER CRUSH! This color makes my brain freeze! It is that ONE that I talked about at the beginning of the month that is the one color I…DO…NOT…LIKE!!! Okay…but I THINK I came up with an okay card…
Do you remember Glorious Green? That was a color SU had waaaay back when I first started with SU (hint…started in 1999…LONG time ago!). Anyway, as I was building up supplies I bought a pack of that paper. When SU retired that color…I STILL had some of that pack left. Yep…THAT wasn’t a favorite color either! I did find though, I could ‘tone it down’ with grey so that is what I did to make Cucumber Crush to make it work for me!
Here’s the details…
- Basic Grey – 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 folded
- Cucumber Crush print (Cherry on the Top dsp) – three strips 1 1/8 x 3 3/8. Round the top corners of one and the bottom corners of the other and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Add 3 large silver Basic Metal Buttons – one to each strip.
- Whisper White – 2 3/4 x 3. Stamp ‘foot prints’/Cucumber Crush, greeting/Memento Black, one dinosaur Smoky Slate/Memento Black, the other dinosaur Cucumber Crush/Memento Black. Cut our the dinosaurs and add using dimensionals.
- Wrap around the Smoky Slate Thick around panel then add to card front using dimensionals.
|Set(s):||No Bones About It|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Grey, Cucumber Crush, Cherry on the Top dsp|
|Ink:||Memento Black, Smoky Slate, Cucumber Crush|
|Other:||Basic Metal Silver Buttons, Project Life Corner Rounder, Smoky Slate Thick Twine, Dimensionals|
Let the party begin! We’ve change the way to get from one blog to the next to use the buttons below to go either backward (previous) to the Create with Connie and Mary site or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.