Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop where the FABULOUS designers pick a theme and we each off a project based on that theme. This week our theme is RESIST – either the resist technique or the Color Me Irresistible dsp!
Okay…before I share my cards I have to admit I completely and totally lost track of what day it was so at 10 pm on Friday evening I’m frantically making my card. I’ve been SOOOO busy with school I simply lost a day. But the good news is that I have finished up the computer work on TWO of my 5 classes I have to do (and I’m helping a friend with hers so that is 6). They take so much time and concentration that once I start one thing…I have to work it through until the end.
So here it was 10 pm last night and I realized I NEED A CARD – OH NO!!! Well I ended up making two because I just couldn’t figure out what to do! (Made toooo many decisions working on my courses – LOL!!!)
- Daffodil Delight – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 7/8 x 5 1/8, layer onto Basic Black 4 x 5 1/4 and add to card base.
- Color Me Irresistible – cut three chevrons – 3 1/2 wide – one is 1 1/4, one is 3/4 and the last is 3/8. Color thickest using Calypso Coral, middle with Daffodil Delight and thinnest with Bermuda Bay. Add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp balloon 3 times using Memento Black on Whisper White and then the banner on Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay, cut out, layer and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Color some Perfect White accents using black sharpie and add to card front to finish off.
So…then I wasn’t sure if I liked that so I made a second card…
- Pumpkin Pie – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Color Me Irresistible – 1 1/2 x 5 1/2, stamp larger splatter in Pumpkin Pie, smaller one in Real Red and very small splatter in Memento Black. Add to card front.
- Pumpkin Pie – 3 1/4 5 1/2, stamp greeting using Memento Black, add strip of Basic Black 1/2 x 5 1/2 behind it and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp dragonfly on Whisper White in Real Red and Memento Black, cut out and add to card front.
- Add Perfect White Accents.
So…that’s my two cards
|Set(s):||Sweet Stack, Awesomely Artistic, Gorgeous Grunge, Happy Birthday Everyone|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Color Me Irresistible dsp|
|Ink:||Memento Black, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie|
|Other:||Perfect White Accents, Dimensionals|
They are just sooo ‘irresistible! We’ve change the way to get from one blog to the next to use the buttons below to go either backward (previous) to the Create site or forward (next) to the very talented Nicole Tugrul.