Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! I can’t believe July is here and as you are reading this post Connie and I are hosting the Create with Connie and Mary LIVE event. (Okay…if you are reading this in the middle of the night…probably not!). For the month of July we have some fun themes planned for our designed team and for you to see. Up first is ‘Alphabet Soup’ – using letters or thinlit words on our cards. If you are going forward through the hop, you arrived here from the Create with Connie and Mary site…don’t you just LOVE our new look! I know that I do!
Oh the creative process! I am always so surprised sometimes as how my mind works. Here’s a little process on this card BEFORE I show you what I ended up with!
- I started working on my card I was thinking about the casology challenge from this week and the cue card was “Repeat” so I started my card using multiple ‘greetings’ thinlits in different colors with one in black. So I cut them all out and THAT didn’t work out as planned!
- Then I went to a camouflage die cut card so I cut out and stacked 4 hellos made with the new THICK whisper white cardstock for the base. Rejected that idea.
- Then I couldn’t quite decided what I wanted to do with that so I decided to do a white on white card using the stacked hellos I made. Rejected that idea.
- Then decided I needed to add color and was going to do Daffodil Delight base (run through Chevron embossing folder) with a little black and the white hello on there (I put so much work into making this stack of hellos I WAS GOING TO USE THEM!). Rejected this idea.
- Then I came up with this…
Here’s the details…
- Basic Black – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Kraft – 5 1/2 x 3 1/2, layer strip of Whisper White 1/2 x 5 1/2 behind it and add to card base using dimensionals.
- Basic Black – punch out 7 chevrons and add to card front.
- Silver Glimmer – 1/8 x 5 1/2, add to card front.
- Cut out 4 hellos from the new Thick Whisper White cardstock and layer, add to card front.
VIOLA…3 hours later and you have a card that takes 15 mins to make! LOL!!!
Here’s a side view of the card so you can see the thickness of the hello…
And just for fun…here’s a picture of my dining room BEFORE I start packing up the cars…yep…so much stuff, have to take TWO!
|Paper:||Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Kraft, Silver Glimmer|
|Other:||Hello You Thinlits, Chevron Punch, Dimensionals|
And speaking of someone special, now it is time to head over to Nicole Tugrul Be Creative with Nicole site and see the special card you made!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!