Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! Each of the design team members is taking turns suggesting a theme and this month we are doing Folds. Deb Currier is up this week and she picked the Tunnel card.. If you are going forward in the hop you arrived here from Connie Babbert’s Inkspired Treasures blog. I always LOVE what she does!
I have never made one of these and it wasn’t that difficult…lots more steps than I’m use to doing on a card but do love the way it turned out! Here’s the outside of my card…
Here’s the details for the front of card…
- Blushing Bride – 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded (note: before folding, stamp the greeting that will be on the inside – see directions below)
- Very Vanilla – 3 5/8 x 4 7/8, run through the Elegant Dots Embossing Folder and add to Basic Black – 3 3/4 x 5. Add to card front using dimensionals (once you have stamped inside of card and folded)
- Timeless Elegance dsp – 1 1/2 x 3 5/8, add to panel.
- Stamp Definitely Dahlia using Blushing Bride on Very Vanilla, cut out and add to card front using dimensionals.
- Very Vanilla – 1 1/4 x 3 3/4, stamp greeting (Birthday Blossoms) using Memento Black, stamp again on Blushing Bride. Cut out the banner and add to greeting. Cut piece into a banner and add to card front
- Stamp flowers using Memento Black on Blushing Bride, cut out and add to banner.
And now for the inside, here’s the picture…
Here’s the details…
- Blushing Bride dsp (Subtles paper pack) – 8 1/4 x 5 1/4, score along the 8 1/4 side at 2, 4 1/8. 6 1/4, cut out the window using the largest Tags and Labels Framelits.
- Timeless Elegance – 3 3/4 x 3 (same print as the front), sut out the window using the next to largest Tags and Labels Framelits.
- Lay this piece centered on the inside of the card and stamp greeting using Memento Black and the fold card in half. This helps to reduce the bulk of the card by not adding an extra layer inside.
- Fold the Blushing Bride dsp (valley folds on the ends, mountain fold in the center), add ends to inside card.
- Timeless Elegance – 3/8 x 5 1/4, add to ends
- Stamp the flower stamp twice on Blushing Bride using Memento Black, add highlights using Blushing Bride marker and color centers using Smoky Slate. Cut out and add to inside card to finish off.
How fun is that? Really not that difficult of a card but makes the inside special for someone special!
|Set(s):||Definitely Dahlia, Birthday Blossom|
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Subtles dsp Paper Pack, Timeless Elegance dsp|
|Ink:||Memento Black, Blushing Bride|
|Other:||Tags & Labels Framelits, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder, Dimensionals|
And speaking of someone special, now it is time to head over to Nicole Tugrul Be Creative with Nicole site and see the special card you made!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!