There is a super simple sketch for the CAS challenge on SCS today and since I had a couple of minutes I decided it would be fun to play along.
This is one of those 5 minute cards…that’s about how long it takes to make it! LOL!!! LOVE those – fun and quick!
For quick cards you really can’t beat the new Definitely Dahlia background stamp! LOVE IT!!! It was one of my ‘must have’ stamps from my first order and I’m so glad I got it. You can’t go wrong with this for quick and stunning cards!
Here’s the details…
- Whisper White – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 3 3/4 x 5, stamp Dahlia using Daffodil Delight. Add to card base using dimensionals
- Basic Black, cut Hello form the Hello You framelits, add to card front. NOTE: I didn’t totally tack down the Hello – gives it a little dimension.
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to finish off.
Yep…that’s all there is!
Don’t forget…there is still time to sign up for Create with Connie and Mary LIVE on July 11th and we would LOVE to have you join us. Here’s a ‘sneak peek’ of the projects we will be doing…
And let me tell you…these projects…AWESOMELY AWESOME!!! So head on over to Create with Connie and Mary to find out more! And we have the option to pay using PayPal!
||Whisper White, Basic Black
||Hello You thinlits, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
Okay before I get into this first I have to say I LOVE this card! Seriously…it was just so much fun to make and LOVE the colors. The second thing I have to say is that it sort of took a DETOUR a bit from the Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge sketch. Pretty much the elements are there, but things sort of moved around a bit.
I remember working with another very talented stamper on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and sometimes when I saw her cards and looked at the sketch I would just scratch my head and she would say…the sketch is an inspiration and who knows where it will take you. Well…that sort of happened here. I saw the sketch and as I worked on it, this is where it took me! LOL!!! I LOVE it! (Did I mention that yet?)
Here’s the details –
- Pool Party – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White – 4 x 2 1/2
- Watermelon Wonder Envelope paper – 1 x 4, add to bottom of Whisper White Piece, stamp greeting on Whisper White using Memento Black.
- Cut three strips of dsp each 1 1/8 width from the Cherry on Top dsp. I did 1 1/8 x 1 3/4, 1 1/8 x 1 1/2 and 1 1/8 x 1 1/4. Add behind panel then add to card front.
- Stamp cone on Crumb Cake using Memento Black and cut out. Stamp ‘ice cream’ in Memento Black on Pool Party, Whisper White, Watermelon Wonder. Layer the ice cream onto the cone then add to card front using dimensionals.
If you look closely you will see that I pretty much did use all the elements on my card…just not in the same layout. I hope that that you join our challenge! Don’t forget to check out the other members of the team and remember go to the Technostamper blog to play along!
Mary Jo Price-Williams – Technostamper
Sue Root – Stampin’ with Sue
Nicole Tegrul – Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula – Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre – Eileen’s “Stampin’ Fever” Blog
Tanya Bell – Stamping T!
Carolyn Bennett – Carolyn’s Paper Fantasies
Jonia Smith – Stampin For Me
||Sprinkles of Life
||Whisper White, Pool Party, Watermelon Wonder, Crumb Cake, Incolor Envelope Paper, Cherry on Top dsp Paper Stack
||Tree Builder Punch, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!