Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! Each of the design team members is taking turns suggesting a theme and Connie picked the theme of Punch Art! What can I say…TOUGH ONE!
If you are going forward in the hop you arrived here from my friend and partner Connie Babbert and her Inkspired Treasures blog. She is the queen of punch art!
Well all I can say is punch art makes me break out in a cold sweat! Connie said…that’s why this is called a challenge. Hmmm…I have enough challenges in my life already! LOL! I need to apologize ahead of time…mine is a little lame!
I do think this is kind of cute and really easy to make. You only need these punches for the lion: Pansy Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, 1/4″ Hole Punch. 2-Step Bird Punch.
Here’s the details –
- Delightful Dijon – 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 folded
- Crushed Curry print (Cherry on Top dsp Paper Stack) – 3 5/8 x 3 5/8, layer onto Basic Black 3 3/4 x 3 3/4. Add to card front using dimensionals
- Whisper White – 2 3/4 x 3 1/4. Round right corners and add to card front
- Make lion using the punches above. The head of the Pansy punch (cut the petals apart on the Delightful Dijon one so they stick out behind the other one). Face is the 1″ Circle, eyes 1/2″ and 1/4″. Nose is 1/4″ with the top cut off. Draw on the rest of the face. Body is 1 1/4″ with the bottom cut off, feet 1/2″ circle and tail is 2-Step Bird Punch. Add lion to card front using dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting using Rotary Alphabet Stamp using Memento Black on So Saffron. Cut into Banner and add to card front.
- Add 1/2″ Basic Black Circle and 1/4″ Delightful Dijon Circle to the card front to finish off.
|Set(s):||Alphabet Rotary Stamp|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Delightful Dijon, So Saffron, Cherry on Top dsp Paper Stack|
|Ink:||Delightful Dijon, Memento Black|
|Other:||Pansy Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, 1″ Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, 1/4″ Hole Punch. 2-Step Bird Punch, Project Life Corner Punch, Dimensionals|
Now it’s time to head over to Nicole Tugrul Be Create with Nicole Blog. She has such GREAT ideas!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!