Welcome everyone to the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! Each of the design team members is taking turns suggesting a theme and Debbie picked the theme of Watercolor Wash! What a fun technique
If you are going forward in the hop you arrived here from my friend and partner Connie Babbert and her Inkspired Treasures blog. She always has such GREAT cards!
This was such fun to do. Instead of ‘washing’ a color for the background, I took the watercolor paper, used my aquapainter to wet it, then stamped the fern using Wild Wasabi. Then I took my aquapainter again and colored over it with water to give it that washed out look. Then while it was still wet, I stamped again using the Wild Wasabi and just let it spread without adding more water.
Here’s the detials
- Pear Pizzazz – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Watercolor paper – 3 5/8 x 5 1/2. Do like I said above wetting the paper stamping, using the aquapainter etc.
- Blackberry Bliss dsp (from the Incolor paper stack) – 3/4 x 5 1/2. Add behind the watercolor panel then add to card front using dimensionals.
- Mossy Meadow – 1 1/8 x 3 1/4. Stamp greeting using Versamark and white emboss. Cut into a banner and add using dimensionals.
- Stamp small butterfly 3 times using Blackberry Bliss, punch with bitty butterfly and add to card front.
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
|Paper:||Pear Pizzazz, Mossy Meadow, Incolor dsp Paper Stack, Watercolor paper|
|Ink:||Wild Wasabi, Blackberry Bliss, Versamark|
|Other:||White Embossing Powder, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Now it’s time to head over to Nicole Tugrul Be Create with Nicole Blog. She has such GREAT ideas!