I had a little time before heading over to school today so I thought I’d check out the color challenge on SCS. Since today is their 500th challenge (WOW!!) I just HAD to play along. They have 4 different color combo – one for each season and the fall one caught my eye.
I had the White Christmas set ‘on top of my desk’ for another project I’m working on and then I saw the technique challenge on SCS was to use a pencil eraser…so you put the two together and viola…you have a fall tree!
Here’s the details –
- Crushed Curry – 3 1/2 x 11 folded, run through the On Pointe Embossing Folded
- Bermuda Bay star print (Motley Monsters dsp) – 1 x 4 1/4, cut into a banner.
- Cajun Craze – 1/8 x 4 1/4, add to banner then add to card front.
- Very Vanilla – 1 5/8 x 4 3/8 us the bottom side of the banner framelit to cut into a point.
- Stamp single tree using using StazOn Jet Black. I used the Project Life Journaling pen to extend the ‘ground’ to the end of the flag.
- Color stem using Baked Brown Sugar and use pencil eraser to add ‘leaves’ in Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Bermuda Bay
- Wrap Baked Brown Sugar Twine around top, add dimensionals to flaf and add to card front.
- Tie knot in piece of Bermuda Bay 1/8″ taffeta ribbon, add to Gold Basic Button and add button to flag using dimensionals.
- Stamp greeting using Cajun Craze.
I think this turn out SOOOOO cool and another use for the White Christmas set!
Collection runs for 4 weeks – 24 AMAZING projects that are perfect for your holiday classes and camps and gift giving! Our design team is AMAZING and you don’t want to miss out! The cost is $29.95 for 4 weeks of projects seen only by our subscribers. Our projects are NOT shared on our personal blogs or out on the Internet.
Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to learn more and to subscribe today!
|Set(s):||White Christmas, For All Things|
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Motley Monsters dsp|
|Ink:||StazOn Jet Black, Baked Brown Sugar, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Bermuda Bay|
|Other:||Banner Framelits, On Pointe Embossing Folder, Bermuda Bay 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon, Gold Basic Metal Buttons, Project Life Journaling Pen, Baked Brown Sugar Twine, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!