Now before I get to my card for today – it’s DAY 1 of Preview Week for Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014!
This is the last week to get the Early Bird Subscription – only $24.95 for 4 incredible weeks of Christmas/Holiday (no Halloween or Fall this year) ideas for stamp camps, classes and gifts! Our design team is AMAZING!!
And speaking of design team – we have 3 FABULOUS guest designers! Who are they? Well…head over to Create with Connie and Mary to find out and while you are there and thinking about it, subscribe to the Holiday Collection and save $5!
And now on to my card for today…
I don’t know what it is about the Christmas/Holiday season but I just HAVE to pull out all my embossing powders and work with them when I’m making holiday cards. I bought this set shortly after the holiday mini came out but had used it yet so thought it would be perfect for a card for Day 1 of Preview Week!
I didn’t want to spend a lot of time coloring (and my Old Olive Blendabilities are pack up for a workshop this afternoon) so I decided to go with a very simple, and non-traditional Christmas card look!
Here’s the details –
- Night of Navy – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Moonlight dsp paper stack – Hello Honey grid design – 5 x 3 1/4 and add to card front
- Very Vanilla – 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 (and extra piece to stamp and emboss image second time) – stamp with Versamark and gold emboss, Color the ‘berries’ using the lightest Night of Navy Blendabilities. Add to card front using dimensionals
- On second piece stamp in Versamark and gold emboss again. Color the pears using the Daffodil Delight Blendabilities and the Partridge was done using the lightest Night of Navy, Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake Blendabailities
- Marina Mist – 3/4 x 3 3/4. Stamp greeting using versamark and gold emboss. Add to card front using a double stack of dimensionals in the middle of the banner.
- Add largest Gold Basic Metal Button using glue dots
- Tie a bow in a piece of the Gold/Vanilla Baker’s Twine and add to button using a little glue
Now don’t forget to head on over to Create with Connie and Mary to check out who our FABULOUS guest designers are and sign up for Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 for only $24.95!
|Set(s):||Partridge and Pears|
|Paper:||Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Moonlight dsp|
|Ink:||Versamark, Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake|
|Other:||Gold Basic Metal Buttons, Gold Embossing Powder, Gold/Vanilla Baker’s Twine, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!