Happy Tuesday everyone! Boy…it’s been a while since I made a Mary Bow! (Click here for my tutorial.). I have been doing these bows for YEARS and even presented this at a Stampin’ Up! regional event.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed this or mot but you are seeing fewer bows on cards these days…now LOTS of people are still using them but I think there is a trend away from them. I know that I have stopped doing many bows and I used to have to have a BOW on EVERYTHING!!! When it comes to making bows though the 7/8″ Cotton ribbon has to be my all time favorite so as I was planning this card it started with THE BOW!
Here’s the details –
- Hello Honey – 4 1/4 x 11 folded, corner round bottom right, run through Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder
- Hello Honey – 4 3/4 x 3 1/2, round bottom right corner, stamp the diagonal stripes from the bits and pieces set using Memento Black, layer onto Basic Black 4 7/8 x 3 5/8.
- Stamp greeting using Memento Black
- Make bow (remember check out my tutorial) using 7/8″ cotton ribbon and Candy Dots base, add to panel then add to card front using dimensionals
- Add some Basic Rhinestones under the greeting to finish it off.
I do LOVE clean and simple cards and even those can have bows! Don’t forget to check out what the rest of the design team to see which one they picked!
|Set(s):||Bits & Pieces, And Many More|
|Paper:||Hello Honey, Basic Black|
|Other:||Natural 7/8″ Cotton Ribbon, Candy Dots Bases, Neutral Candy Dots, Stylish Strips Embossing Folder, Project Life Corner Rounder, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!