Oh we’ve had such a GREAT week on Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions! Each designer shared a set of 4 cards with their chosen set. (You have to be a subscriber to see these card sets.) On Saturday we each share a small favor/3D item that goes along with our set. Can you guess what set I used? Yep…Simply Stars. I have to say, I got this set back when the catalog came out and really didn’t play with it much. I had a BLAST making my card set and playing with it.
So for my favor 3D/favor I decided to do a gift card holder. I think the stars are a perfect decoration for this! And really this gift card holder is quite quick and easy…you’ll have to give it a try! This is the gift card holder with the ‘belly band’ off the holder.
Here’s the gift card holder completely open. I didn’t want to make the holder ‘extra long’ to accommodate tape on each side to hold the card in there so I decided to use our Washi Tape on the sides…it keeps the pocket closed for the holder AND it add some decoration too! COOL!
Here’s the details…
- Daffodil Delight – 3 1/2 x 6. Along the 6″ side score at 1″ and 3 1/2″. Round the corners of the top section and run through the Arrows Embossing Folder.
- Fold up the 1″ section for the bottom and use Washi Tape to hold the flap up. Stamp greeting. (I black embossed mine). Fold down top flap and the holder is ready to go.
- Basic Black – 2 x 7 3/8. Score along the 7 3/8 side at 1 1/4 and 4 7/8. Use your Scallop Tag Topper punch on each end. Fold along scores
- Wrap the belly band around the gift card holder and tie using Basic Grey 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.
- Stamp large star two times using Versamark on Daffodil Delight, black emboss, cut out and add. Stamp small dotted star 3 times using Versamark on Whisper White and Silver Emboss. Cut out and add.
- Add some Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 – April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card “Create”tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
|Set(s):||Simply Stars, A Dozen Thoughts|
|Paper:||Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight|
|Other:||Arrows Embossing Folder, Black Embossing Powder, Silver Embossing Powder, Envelope Punch Board (to round corners), Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Basic Grey 1/4″ Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Epic Day Washi Tape, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!