Happy Monday everyone! When I saw the CAS challenge on SCS today was to use 3 shades of blue and an option of birds I sort of had this idea in mind. I haven’t done any acrylic block stamping in a while and I thought I could do the 3 shades of blue then add this silhouette on top. I have to say…it actually turned out pretty much what I had in mind.
It did take me two tries to get the ‘background’ the way I wanted it but what I did was this…
- Make sure your acrylic block is completely clean
- Ink the entire block with Soft Sky
- Ink the bottom 2/3 of the block with Marina Mist
- Ink the bottom of the block with Night of Navy
- LIGHTLY MIST with water
- Stamp on cardstock.
I have to say…I was so happy with the way this turn out. Then I just made sure it dried good before using.
This is an extremely easy card…
- Whisper White – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Stamp greeting using StazOn Jet Black
- Whisper White – 3 x 3 1/4
- Stamp with acrylic block using method above
- Stamp birds on a branch using StazOn Jet Black
- Add using dimensionals
Yep…it took me longer to the blog post then it did to do card!
The collection has just started! Don’t miss the fun!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 – April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card “Create”tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
Don’t forget Connie’s wonderful Preview set – check it out!
|Set(s):||Serene Silhouettes, A Dozen Thoughts|
|Ink:||StazOn Jet Black, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!