I had a little time this morning (before getting down to some SERIOUS grading) and thought the CAS challenge on SCS looked like fun. It’s a sketch challenge based on p 37 of our SU catalog. I thought it would be fun to play along.
This really is an easy card but the switching out of the colors for the greeting was a bit time consuming. Of course I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure things were nice and straight and lined up. What can I say…I have issues!
Here’s the details –
- Whisper White – 4 1/4 x 11 folded. Use envelope punch board to round bottom left corner
- Whisper White – 3 3/4 x 5. Again use envelope punch board to round bottom left corner
- Stamp greeting (six-sided sampler using Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Bermuda Bay.
- Add to card front using dimensionals
- Stamp flower and leaf/stem using basic black. I colored in the leaves using Basic Black marker. Cut out and add using dimensionals.
Yep…it’s as simple as that.
And speaking of simple…it’s as simple as can be to subscribe to Create with Connie and Mary Spring Collection 2014! It is NOT too late to join and get GREAT ideas for products from the Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration Brochure. You can still check out Preview Week where you can get a taste of what Create with Connie and Mary Collections are all about!
Join now for only $29.95! You get 4 weeks of exclusive projects (not shown anywhere else on the Internet!). One week is are Card “Create”tions week (6 days of cards…each designer sharing 4 cards from their chosen set), one week is all about Sale-a-bration and the other two are with the products from the Occasions Mini.
Check out Create with Connie and Mary to learn more and to see the great projects by the design team.
|Set(s):||Simple Stems, Six-Sided Sampler|
|Ink:||Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Bermuda Bay|
|Other:||Envelope Punch Board, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!