So I had decided to hold a World Card Making Day event well…on the actual World Card making day and it just didn’t work out for everyone so I changed the date and it was great for everyone. Unfortunately then my sweet Gypsy got sick and I needed to cancel and try again at a later date. So that DID work out (and everyone got to meet the little Coco puff. So…what the HECK does THAT have to do with this card? Well…I REALLY liked the design of one of the cards so I decided to remake it in different colors for today’s Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge (see…I DID get there!)
Here’s the details…
- Always Artichoke: 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Natural White 3 5/8 x 4 7/8
- Layer onto Sahara Sand 3 3/4 x 5
- Stamp Gorgeous Grunge scatter print in Sahara San (no…really it is there)
- Hexagon Punch – 2 Tangerine Tango, 1 Always Artichoke, 1 Sahara Sand, run through Woodgrain Embossing Folder and add to panel
- Stamp Truly Grateful in Always Artichoke
- Add panel to card front using dimensionals
- Little Leaves sizzlits in Whisper White, add using dimensionals to finish it off.
I think it is always fun to see cards that things are based on. All the dimensions are the same as above but base is Sahara Sand, layer is Cajun Craze. Hexagons are Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, and Sahara Sand and I left these plain. Finally I stamped my friend from from the Six Sided Sampler in Cajun Craze. Everything else is the same!
|Set(s):||Truly Grateful, Gorgeous Grunge|
|Paper:||Natural White, Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Tangerine Tango, Sahara Sand|
|Ink:||Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand|
|Other:||Hexagon Punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder Dimensionals|
So…check out what the design team did with the challenge colors then come join the fun!
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!