HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
This is my second post of the day so make sure you scroll down and see my other card too! This is a card I demoed at a workshop in September (hi Becky!) And I thought I’d save it for today!
Before I give the details for making this card, I am not going to show how to do the ‘rays’. Instead…here is where I learned how to do them and she did a GREAT tutorial!
- Pumpkin Pie: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- Basic Black: 4 7/8 x 3 5/8
- Very Vanilla: 4 3/4 x 3 1/2, layer on Basic Black
- Make the ‘ray’s from Witch’s Brew dsp using the sizes and directions given above. Add to Very Vanilla piece.
- Wrap Basic Black Chevron Ribbon around panel and add to card front using dimensionals
- Very Vanilla: 1 7/8 x 2 5/8. Stamp using Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie and Summer Starfruit maker. Layer onto Basic Black 2 x 2 3/4. Layer onto Summer Starfruit, 2 1/4 x 3. Add to card front using dimensionals.
- Make bats using Basic Black cardstock Elegant Butterfly with 3/4″ Circle Punch and Bitty Butterfly with 1/2″ Circle Punch. Add to card front and add Basic Rhinestones to finish it off.
||Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit, Witch’s Brew dsp
||Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Starfruit
||Basic Black Chevron Ribbon, Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly, 3/4″ Circle Punch, 1/2″ Circle Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! Now I know this is NOT a Halloween card…sorry…but since we are in Week 2 of Create with Connie and Mary Winter Collection 2013…I just HAD to share a holiday card! We have such a fun sketch for you for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge…perfect for using up scraps! But if you’d like some Halloween ideas for this sketch, check out our design team!
And now for the details…
- Pool Party: 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Whisper White: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4, stamp greeting in versamark and silver emboss
- Layer onto Island Indigo 3 5/8 x 4 7/8
- 5 little banners – 2 3/4 x 1/2, add to card
- Wrap Silver 1/8 Ribbon around card, add to card base using dimensionals
- Snowflake: Stamp smallest snowflake using versamark, silver emboss, cut with smallest Festive Flurry Framelit. Add 7/8″ Island Indigo Scallop Circle using dimensionals, add Frosted Finishes Framelit
- Add snowflake to card using dimensionals
We are part way through Week 2 of Create with Connie and Mary Winter collection 2013. The Christmas/Winter FUN is everywhere! We do not show our projects (except Preview Week and Saturday Challenges) anywhere on the Internet. Although Early Bird pricing is over…IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SUBSCRIBE! It’s all about Christmas and Winter projects! It’s not too early to start planning those gifts and decorating and we have lots of GREAT ideas to help you! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!
||Festive Flurry, Calm Christmas
||Whisper White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Winter Frost dsp
||Silver Embossing Powder, Silver 1/8″ Ribbon, 7/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, Frosted Finishes Embellishment, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!
It’s a wooky! Thought I’d do a quick update on the little doggie and how things are going. First his name is Coco because he is mostly brown.
The rescue place thought that he was Papillon and Poodle but we decided he is mostly Shih Tzu and the Poodle in him is putting the kinky in his hair. He and his brother both got baths today and I was trying to warm him up.
We went to the vet today…he is a whooping 7.4 lbs. (Of course, if you would cut off the hair he would probably be 5 lbs tops!) He is 7 months old. If you notice in the picture his right eye is closed. We have noticed since we brought him home of Saturday when you have him on your lap and are petting him he always closes his right eye. We were concerned something might be wrong with it. His little eye has had some damage to it (it is healed though) and it is all red and a little swollen. He has a damaged spot on his cornea. We are going to start with drops and hopefully that will take care of it. She thinks it is causing him some pain so we do need to fix it for the little wooky!
And of course, we need a Bandit update too. He really has perked up! He use to be entertained for hours over all the ‘crazy’ stuff Gypsy did…you know the really ‘crazy’ stuff…breathing, sleeping, He really just stayed in his crate last week and didn’t eat much. I would try to get him to play a little and he wouldn’t. Well now there is something new and irritating in the house and he is back to his old self. We are starting to get a little interaction between them and it is just sooo good to see! I was worried about the little fellow!
So that’s the update on the puppies. We are just really hoping everything is okay with the little guy’s eye!
Well…we didn’t last very long as a one doggie house. Poor Bandit has been so beside himself that we decided we needed to get a friend for him pretty quickly. I will be honest…bringing home our new ball of fuzz went MUCH better than I anticipated. It’s not love at first site but it wasn’t a snarling mess either! So far…so good.
We went to the same rescue group (Luv4K9s) that we got Bandit from. I had contacted them ahead of time and they had a bunch of little puppies there for us to look at. So we sort of fell in love with this little guy. They said he is Papillon and Poodle…I’m thinking mostly poodle. He’s starting to settle in some. Had his first bath and did well. For being so new he is already playing some with toys. Bandit is not 100% sure yet. I VERY funny story though….we have had Bandit for 3 years (next week…on Halloween). For ALL the baths he has had in those 3 years he has never (and I do mean NEVER) voluntarily walked down the basements stairs. Did I mention NEVER??? So I take new puppy down for a bath and here Bandit is outside the bathroom door downstairs whining. So very odd…he has NEVER gone down there on his own!
Oh…have had some folks ask…what’s his name? He came to us as ‘Snooter’ from Luv4K9s and right now we are calling him Coco as he is sort of a brown color.
So…wish Bandit luck as he gets to know his new brother and for those of you coming over you’ll get to see the new ‘kid’.
Posted in Personal
Oh what a pretty color challenge on Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge this week. I thought they would be just perfect with the Calm Christmas set that I used for my Card “Create”tions set (but you have to be a subscriber to see my other cards I did with this set…it’s not too late to join!) This is really just such an AWESOME set! LOVE IT!
- Very Vanilla Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 folded
- 2 piece of Raspberry Ripple print from Birthday Basics dsp 4 1/4 x 1 each
- Very Vanilla panel: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 – add using dimensionals
- Soft Sky strip: 1 x 5; stamp greeting using Raspberry Ripple
- Stamp bird using Raspberry Ripple on Very Vanilla, cut out (cutting off stem/leaves)
- Punch stem/leaves using 2-step Bird Punch from Soft Sky, add 1/16″ Raspberry Ripple berries, add behind beak
- Add bird to card front using dimensionals
We are part way through Week 1 of Create with Connie and Mary Winter collection 2013. This week is one of mine (and probably of the designers too) favorite weeks where it is all about cards…24 cards that are only seen by our subscribers. We do not show our projects (except Preview Week and Saturday Challenges) anywhere on the Internet. Although Early Bird pricing is over…IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO SUBSCRIBE! It’s all about Christmas and Winter projects! It’s not too early to start planning those gifts and decorating and we have lots of GREAT ideas to help you! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!
||Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Birthday Basics dsp
||2-Step Bird Punch, 1/16″ Circle Punch, Dimensionals
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!