Every now and then I run into a challenge that is REALLY a challenge for me and I will have to admit…this was one of them! We try to always use whatever we used that week for our challenge an although I had some ideas…they just weren’t working for my challenge card today. I FINALLY had this ‘brilliant’ idea (at least while I was drifting off to sleep the night before I made it I was hoping it was brilliant) and it did actually work out.
So…can you guess what I used for the bottom layer of the flower? Well…it’s the largest framelit from the Apothecary Accents set! Okay…because I KNOW I’m going to have questions here’s a quick little tutorial.
Cut out 4 of the framelit pieces and from each end cut a 1 5/8″ piece. Now it is difficult to see from the photo but I scored part way up in the center then I did 3/8″ and another 3/8″ on EACH side of that center line – do not score all the way to the top!
I added a line of tape to the front and back then folded it up to make a flower. I made 6 petal 6for my card. Next I used my 1/16″ hole punch and punched a hole in the bottom of each so I could string them together.
So that’s a quick little tutorial on how I made my fun 3D flower…oh I LOVE this kit!
|Set(s):||Itty Bitty Banners|
|Paper:||Razzleberry Splash SS Kit|
|Ink:||Night of Navy|
|Other:||Oval Accents Clear Die, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, 1 3/4″ Circle Punch, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, 1/16″ hole punch, Vintage Faceted Button, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!