Okay…before I give you any details for this card I need to say…this sketch challenge from Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge ALMOST had me raising my hands in surrender! Yes…I almost said…I GIVE UP!!! I honestly didn’t know where to start and it’s been LOOMING over my head in DREAD each time I thought about sitting down to work on it. Then I made the decision to use the Flashback dsp (a VERY FAVORITE of mine!) and then I decided to change up the sketch just a little bit. But really all the element are there…just tweaked to work for me!
Here’s the details…
- Pool Party – 4 1/4 x 11 folded
- Multicolored rectangles (Flashback dsp) – 2 3/4 x 5 1/2 and adhere to card base.
- Real Red – two strips 1 1/2 x 3 3/8 – cut on angle.
- Black Grid (Flashback dsp) – 1 3/4 x 4 – cut into banner, layer red behind and add to card base.
- Stamp greeting using Memento black
- Cut out a large circle and lay on card. Place smallest rhinestones around the circle then remove.
- Second to smallest star – cut out in Silver Glimmer, Crushed Curry striped (Flashback dsp) and Pool Party. Add using dimensionals.
How awesome did that turn out? I will have to say now I LOVE the card!
Okay…so I didn’t follow it exactly but I did make it work for me! And did I mention…I REALLY like my card! Don’t forget to check out the other members of the team and remember go to the Technostamper blog to play along!
Mary Jo Price-Williams – Technostamper
Sue Root – Stampin’ with Sue
Nicole Tegrul – Be Creative with Nicole
Robbie Rubula – Inked X2
Eileen LeFevre – Eileen’s “Stampin’ Fever” Blog
Tanya Bell – Stamping T!
Carolyn Bennett – Carolyn’s Paper Fantasies
Jonia Smith – Stampin For Me
We have just finished week 2 of Create with Connie and Mary Summer Edition 2104! This collection features products from the NEW CATALOG…you don’t want to miss it! If you are looking for some great ideas for the items in the NEW CATALOG, then this collection is for you!
It’s NOT too late to join! When you do you will see all the projects shared so far and then get to see the daily releases! More details on Create with Connie and Mary!
|Set(s):||And Many More|
|Paper:||Pool Party, Real Red, Flashback dsp, Silver Glimmer|
|Other:||Star Framelits, Circle Framelit (to cut out circle to place rhinestones), Basic Rhinestones, Dimensionals|
Until next time…HAPPY STAMPIN’!